Mid/Senior Software Engineer - CMS
About the Team
Our CMS Team plays a crucial role in the continuous improvement of our CMS based on Umbraco and driving a seamless user experience for our high traffic website and mobile app.
At the heart of our digital presence, the CMS is a key component of our microsite approach and a foundation of our online presence. As we continue to expand our reach internationally, the CMS team's contributions are crucial in supporting our growing member base and ensuring that we remain a core player in the industry.
- Gym membership for you +1
- Remote working. occasional travel to London/Leeds.
- Competitive Performance Bonus
- Personal Private healthcare
- Company pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave (additional day off on top)
- Holiday buy back scheme
- Life Insurance
As Mid/Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible developing new features on the product roadmap, improving the technical architecture and developer experience of working with the CMS as well as supporting the Content Editors and other Software Engineers across the department.
- Owns and delivers against a variety of tasks including new features, bugs and tech debt, liaising with third parties where appropriate.
- Ensures output is of high quality, maintainable, performant and secure, whilst setting the standard for others.
- Works with the team to define the technical approach to tasks.
- Provides accurate estimations and delivers output aligned with those estimates, reviewing progress and managing stakeholder expectations along the way.
- Writes highly insightful, comprehensive code reviews, ensuring best practices and security procedures are followed, and providing constructive feedback with a view to improving quality.
- Configures and utilises build and deployment mechanisms to deploy changes through different environments.
- Creates and improves technical documentation, and encourages other team members do the same.
- Identifies technical and process improvements, reviewing with the team and feeding into prioritisation.
- Communicates and collaborates well within the team, actively participating in stand ups, regular team meetings and other Agile ceremonies
- Helps drive the culture of continuous improvement across all areas of the IT department
Our Technology Stack
- Umbraco CMS
- C# / .NET
- React JS
- BDD with Specflow & Gherkin syntax
- Rest API
- CI/CD - Azure DevOps
- Azure PaaS products
- IaC - Terraform
- Solid experience of with .NET
- Experience with modern front-end development frameworks and tooling
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Experience with content migrations from other CMS systems
- Exposure to Umbraco CMS
- Exposure to SEO and web accessibility
- IaC experience - Terraform/Ansible/CloudFormation or similar
- A good team player with the ability to build productive relationships within and outside the department.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical audiences.
- An awareness of the impact of technical decisions and quality on commercial outcomes.
- Desire and ability to understand business and team goals.
- An open and inquisitive mindset, challenging how things are currently done and driving continuous improvement within the team.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends and tools, and has a passion for sharing knowledge.
- A “can do” attitude and positively impacts others.
- Make A Difference - Excite and inspire others. ‘Own it’ and be the best we can be.
- Stand Shoulder to Shoulder - Collaborate and share with each other. Include everyone and embrace uniqueness.
- Focus on the Detail - Care about the little things. Have determination and resilience to get the job done.
- Play to Win - Improve and innovate - never get complacent. Challenge ourselves and each other. Celebrate our success.
Join us to inspire a healthier nation!
- Pay Type Hourly