International Payments Officer
An excellent opportunity for an International Payments Officer has arisen working with our International Payments Team, focusing on our Denmark Accounts. Our division is responsible for the entire Payments process nationwide and internationally, handling multiple currencies. This is an exciting and versatile role which will be an initial 6-month fixed term contract with potential to extend.
The PureGym Group is the UK’s #1 gym operator with over 320 gyms, and the second largest in Europe with a leading position in both Switzerland and Denmark. With over 500 gyms globally, we have recently opened clubs in the USA and launched our first Franchising model in the Middle East, with future expansion plans globally.
The International Payments Officer – Denmark, will be aligned to the Leeds offices to sit with the rest of the Payments team, working from the office Tuesday – Thursday, and the ability to work from home Monday & Friday.
You will have a busy and varied role and day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
- Create daily Bank Report and Reconcile Bank Statement from previous day with receipt account
- Daily submission and handling of payment requests by extracting banking reports alongside cross checking the Payment collections to ensure accuracy
- Daily reconciliations between the membership data base, Direct Debit system, cashbook & bank statement
- To develop knowledge of systems capabilities, products, marketing campaigns and workflow to effectively support team
- Daily reconciliations between website sale (CRM) against data base, and Payment gateway solutions in multiple currencies
- Daily reconciliation of PDQ sale
- Daily execution of control checks to prevent Payment issues and to correct discrepancies
- Responsible for International Payment processing, in large volumes, across multiple currencies
- Daily handling of Payment files and Scheme reports - demonstrating compliance with the Payment's Industry
- Daily completion of workflow and collection management report
- Manage end to end clawback claim process to ensure entries are recorded accordingly, working alongside acquiring partners to dispute claims, collaborating with supporting evidence, and actioning customers profile, as required
- Communicate with correspondent banks and their intermediaries to resolve payment issues
- Management of Revenue collection and error logs
- Managing department queries within 3 working days
- Preparation and distribution of reports/member information upon request;
- Able to learn, absorb and understand regulatory and business requirements
- Attendance at meetings as and when required
- Create and maintain task procedures up to date
- Collaborate and / or lead project work
- Any other ad hoc duties.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Finance background, meticulous attention to detail, problem solving and communication skills, Microsoft Office literate, and Excel Competent.
Previous experience ideally within a retail or multi-site business, and used to working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
You will be a diligent self-starter, able to demonstrate organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
You’ll be happy to be hands on and work on your own initiative but also be able to work together as a team to meet key deadlines.
Has strong communication skills and ability to manage numerous tasks whilst remaining calm as well as analytical and inquisitive minded with excellent attention to detail
If this sounds like your ideal next step, please apply with your CV ASAP.
- Pay Type Salary
- Leeds, UK